by Niki Kefala
As if you needed more reason to have a glass of wine…
Red, Rose, or white? In ancient Greece, Hippocrates, promoted wine as part of a healthy diet and there are plenty reasons for this. Let’s list them!
1. Wine, especially the red variety, promote a longer lifespan, protects against certain cancers (colon, prostate, breast and lung cancer)
2. Wine can actually (when drunk in moderation) protect your mental health
3. Wine can help fight heart diseases because contains procyanidins. Especially women who drink wine seem to have higher bone mass and narrower waists. Not bad at all if you think that summer is not far away…
4. Wine is not only healthy to your body but also your mind, as drinking this delicious nectar reduces the risk of depression and preserves your memory.
5 Red wine can also reduce the risk of developing dementia and protects brain from stroke damage. Both white and red wines contain resveratrol (as doctors say helps maintain a good blood supply to the brain), but red wine has much more, so the choice is yours!
6. Wine is also loaded with Omega 3 Fatty Acids which are good for your joints, skin, vision and helps lower bad cholesterol levels. Omega-3s reduce triglycerides, stabilize your heartbeat, helps clear your arteries and improves brains function. Usually we can derive Omega 3 Fatty Acids from eating fish, so wine is a great choice for vegetarians.
7. As for your skin wine is protecting from severe sunburn and reduces the damaging effects of UV light. But don’t put it to your body, drink it! Especially red wine has anti-aging properties because of resveratrol that mentioned before.
8. And what about your sex mood? A glass of wine will increase your libido.
As if you needed more reasons to have a glass of wine… Just remember, everything in moderation!