Bananas really are amazing.
by Niki Kefala
What is yellow, funny shaped, tasty and very healthy? The answer is bananas. You can eat this exotic fruit all time of the year and the most important is that you protect your health with the most… delicious way. Do you like to know why? Maybe is one of the high calorie fruits (110 calories) but it contains good amount of anti-oxidants (providing protection from chronic diseases), minerals (like copper, magnesium and manganese) and vitamins. Banana is a good source of vitamin B6 that has beneficial role for the treatment of anemia and neuritis. Our body uses vitamin B6 to grow new cells. Also contains vitamin C.
Banana is source of potassium that is necessary for good nerve and muscle function as well as for maintaining a healthy balance of fluids in the body. Can lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke. Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
If you love to exercise, eat a banana first, as the potassium in this yellow delicacy can help prevent muscle cramps after exercise and sustains your blood sugar. Beside that bananas are easy to digest because of the dietary fiber. Or eat a banana after a workout to refuel. A banana with breakfast will start your day healthy and right and will give you the energy you need because of the carbohydrates that contains. If you are a student eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium. You will be smarter and the question mark will disappear from your mind.
Check out more reasons why you must put bananas on your diet.
1. A banana provides some iron, phosphorus as well as vitamins A and E, iodine, selenium, zinc, carotene and choline. Bananas also contain trace amounts of many amino acids.
2. Happy go lucky… so eat bananas to help you overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin a chemical that is responsible for maintaining mood balance. A deficit of serotonin leads to depression.
3. Bananas are a great hangover food for mornings when you’ve overdone it with drinking the night before.
4. Use banana skins to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and acne and also to relieve itching and irritation.
- Banana as ice chips? Eating a banana can cool you during a fever or on a hot summer day.